Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Races 09-(06-07) DSE Sawyer Camp 5k, 10k

February 8, 2009
5k - 6th/173 - 18:54
10k - 11th/103 - 41:47

For the first time, DSE scheduled the Sawyer Camp 5k and 10k in sequence, instead of concurrently so runners could race in both races. The race fee went up this year from $3 for members to $5 for members, although the fee for 2 races was a deal at $8.

Taking only 8 minutes to get to the race I got there plenty early enough but had to park far down the road as usual. The weather was cool and cloudy, with mist in the air at time. Still sore from yesterday I decided to give my best effort and not worry about the time. Of the people at Jed Smith yesterday, both Eduardo and I did both races, and Chikara and Noe ran the 10k.

Before the 5k I was guessing I could run 19 minutes but I wasn't really sure. I didn't start too fast but I kept a good pace for a while. I ran the first mile with Ian and we hit it in around 6 minutes. I then started to slow down. i slowed down more as the race ewnt on, ultimately finishing in 18:47 which was 6th place.

The 10k was next and I was not feeling nearly as optimistic about having a good race although I would try my best. As the race went on I didn't hold a consistent pace well so I finished in 41:47, which was still 11th place.

No comments: